Members ONLINE SHOW OPEN for entries
January 10 - February 10, 2018(NOTE: This is an online only show. There will be no physical exhibition of the works included in the show)
All sales made during the Online Members Show will be between the artist and the buyer with no commission payment. If PWCS is notified of interest in a purchase the artist will be notified with the contact information of the interested buyer.
1st - $500
2nd - $300
3rd - $200
5 Awards of Merit - $100 Each
5 Honorable Mention Awards - $50 Each
SELECTION FOR THE PWCS ONLINE MEMBERS SHOW
Members may submit up to two entries to the 2018 Online Members Show via the entry process here. 2017-2018 PWCS membership dues must be paid in full to gain entry to the show.
JUROR OF AWARDS
Stan Kurth, NWS
Stan has drawn and painted most all of his life, and lives with the conviction 'fear not' as he evolves in his work. His art is represented in private, public and corporate collections, and he has shown in numerous local, national and international juried exhibitions including the National Watercolor Society, Western Federation of Watercolor Societies, International Society of Acrylic Painters, San Diego Watercolor Society International, Arizona Watercolor Association, Arizona Artists Guild, and Contemporary Watercolorists of Arizona. He is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society, San Diego Watercolor Society, Western Federation of Watercolor Societies, Contemporary Watercolorists of Arizona and Arizona Watercolor Association. His work has been featured in American Artist Watercolor and Watercolor Artist. He teaches workshops and shares his process with many artist communities and organizations.
2018 ONLINE MEMBERS SHOW CALENDAR
- Open for Entry -January 10 through February 10
- Notification of Awards – No later than March 1
- Show available for viewing on PWCS Website – March 1
$10 for PWCS Members with 2017-2018 Membership Dues paid in full.
ONLINE ENTRIES (Required)
Entries must be received by February 10, 2018.
STEPS TO SUBMITTING
1. Make sure your membership dues are paid and your contact information is up to date here. PWCS membership must be up to date. If your email is incorrect you may not receive communications from Philadelphia Water Color Society.
2. Review the digital image requirements and watch the tutorial here.
3. Go to the Call for Entries digital submission page here.
4. If you have not used this system before you will need to set up an account. This is a separate account from your PWCS account. There is a video tutorial and it is easy.
5. You will be asked to agree to the following: I hereby agree to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. If my work is selected, I give permission for my work to be reproduced for the PWCS exhibition catalog, publicity, and educational purposes for this exhibition and possibly future exhibitions.
6. Complete your entry and pay your fee by PayPal. If you have an existing PayPal account use it rather than setting up a new one. Checks will not be accepted.
DIGITAL ENTRIES PREPARATION
1.Digital entries must be JPG format with a resolution of 300 dpi.
2.Image size should be 1000 pixels on the longest dimension.
3.Entries should show image only, no mat or frame.
4.Images must be named as follows: complete painting title, using underscores instead of spaces (Example: out_to_lunch)
5.Visit our Digital Image Preparation page for additional guidelines on preparing digital images.
Water-media, drawings, hand pulled prints, and pastels are acceptable. All work must be original and on or of paper. Collage elements must be of paper, and any image or color on collage papers must be the work of the artist. No oils, photographic, digital, electronic processes or computer art will be accepted. No work previously exhibited in any PWCS exhibition will be accepted. Entries must be no older than 3 years and must not have been done under teacher supervision.
Acceptance into the annual Members Show does not count toward qualification for PWCS Signature Membership.