PHILADELPHIA WATER COLOR SOCIETY

121st ANNIVERSARY INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION OF WORKS ON PAPER


The call for entries closes at 11:59 PM ET on August 3rd, 2021. 


Get Started

Please download and view the Prospectus for the 121st Anniversary International Exhibition of Works on Paper for detailed information regarding the eligibility criteria and digital image preparation. Please double check to ensure your entry complies with the requirements specified in the prospectus. An entry may not be edited once it has been submitted. All entry submissions are final and entry fees are nonrefundable. For frequently asked question, see below.


Submit Entry

PWCS is using the EntryThingy portal for managing the 2021 International Exhibition. Click here to log in and submit your entry. 


FAQ

Q: What are the conditions and rules for acceptance?

Submissions and artwork that do not comply with the following conditions and rules will not be accepted and will be returned at the artist’s expense. The artist may be excluded from future exhibitions sponsored by the PWCS for a period of two years.

  • Artists must be 18 or older.
  • Work previously exhibited in any PWCS juried exhibition or at the Community
  • Arts Center will not be accepted.
  • All entries must be for sale. Prices cannot be changed once submitted. Failure to deliver would result in a 2-year disqualification from entering a PWCS exhibition. 
  • Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work.
  • Artists notified of acceptance may not withhold their work for any reason.
  • Entries must have been created within the last 3 years. Artwork produced prior to April 2018 will not be accepted.
  • The Community Arts Center will receive 40% of the sale price, with the remaining 60% going to the artist.
  • All paintings must hang for the duration of the exhibition.

Q: What kind of artwork is eligible for entry?

  • Media: In addition to watercolor; soft pastels, charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, pen & ink, gouache, acrylic and hand-pulled prints are also accepted. All work must be original and on or of paper. Clay prints on Reemay using water soluble mediums are acceptable. Collage elements must be of paper and cannot be mounted on canvas. Any image or color on collage papers must be of water media and the work of the artist – no cutouts from digital work will be accepted.
  • Oils, oil pastels, photographic, digital, electronic processes or computer art will not be accepted.
  • Artwork must be original and not completed under teacher supervision, either in a class or workshop or from a DVD or book. Photo reference must have been taken by the entrant.
  • Framed size cannot exceed 48” in height or width.
  • No side of the image visible within the mat can be less than 10” unless the length multiplied by the width exceeds 100 square inches (i.e., 9” x 12” = 108 sq. in.). Note that the measurement is of the painting within the border of the mat and not the size of paper used before matting.

Q: Is there an entry fee?

PWCS Members: $35.00

Non-PWCS Members: $50.00

Member dues must be paid in full prior to entering the PWCS 2021 International Works on Paper Exhibit. “Paid in Full” means that your dues are paid until December 31, 2021. If you are not already a member, consider joining as there are several new membership benefits which include discounted rates for workshops, demonstrations and talks. Membership dues can be paid and contact information updated at www.pwcsociety.org

The entry fee entitles entrants to submit two paintings for consideration by the Juror of Selection for inclusion in the exhibition. No more than one painting per entrant may be selected for this exhibition.


Q: What are the Show dates?

The exhibition will be held at the Community Arts Center, Wallingford, PA 19086 from October 21st to November 23rd, 2021. 

Q: What awards are being offered for this Show?

Over $10,000 in Awards including:

  • $2,000 PWCS Award of Excellence
  • $1,500 Elizabeth Shober Hooper Award for Excellence in Presentation & Technique
  • $1,000 PWCS 121st Exhibition Award

Q: Who are the jurors?

  • Juror of Selection: Ray Balkwill SWAc
  • Judge of Awards: Mary Whyte


Q: I have additional question(s). Who should I contact?

Please use the form below to send us your question. A PWCS representative will respond to your question within 2 business days. It would be a good idea to ask your question early and not wait till the deadline is close!




© 2021.  Philadelphia Water Color Society  — All rights reserved.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software