The Philadelphia Water Color Society has entered into a unique partnership with the Brandywine River Museum and the Chadds Ford Gallery to continue PWCS’ rich tradition of painting the landscape en plein air by making available the Brandywine River Museum grounds as well as Kuerner Farm, N. C. Wyeth’s studio and the Andrew Wyeth’s studio properties to our signature members as part of the 100th Birthday Celebration of Andrew Wyeth. This very special event will take place August 18-20, 2017
. During the event, the museum will sell “ On Location” passes to visitors so that they can visit all of these historic properties and see artists at work. Paintings completed during the event will be available for sale during an exhibition hosted by the Chadds Ford Gallery from August 25 through September 24, 2017
, including an awards reception on August 25
from 5 - 8 pm
Awards Judging by Karl Kuerner. Awards Amount: $ 1,500
August 17 Mandatory Evening Meeting 6 - 7 pm, come at 5:30 for stamping and stay until 8 pm and tour the "Andrew Wyeth: In Retrospect", a once-in-a-lifetime exhibition of iconic works by this master painter.
Painting dates August 18-20 7 am - 7 pm with mandatory time periods all days regardless of weather from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Framed Painting drop off at Chadds Ford Gallery Sunday, August 20, noon until 4 pm and Tuesday, August 22, 10 am - 4 pm
Reception: August 25, 2017 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Painting pick up September 24, return shipping is possible through arrangements with the Chadds Ford Gallery.
1. Attend the informational meeting on August 17.
2. Artist must paint at their designated area each day during the mandatory painting times.( artists will have a chance to be at all four locations)
3. Artists should interact with the public and publicize the show when visitors tour the grounds.
4. Artists must abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the Brandywine River Museum of Art.
5. Artists must turn in two framed paintings using PWCS acceptable media to the Chadds Ford Gallery on the specified days and times. Artists can turn in up to five paintings. ( 45 percent commission 5 percent of this goes to the Brandywine River Museum of Art.)
6. All paintings must be left in the show until it closes unless sold at the gallery.
7. Artists are not to offer paintings for sale on the property of the Brandywine River Museum of Art or the Brandywine Conservancy, or on their own during the event.
8. Artists should help publicize the event and show through their mailing lists, websites, Facebook, Twitter and all social media outlets they use.